As a First Resort
Written by Drache Mensch
Items Needed: Hatchet, 4 spears (any type), 2 raw chompies
(or ogre bow, bellows, and enough ogre arrows to kill 2 chompies) tinderbox,
bird snare, box trap, normal logs, knife
Skills Required: 48 hunter, 51 firemaking, 58 woodcutting
Recommended Items: Decent armor and possibly food
Reward: 1 Quest Point, 15k Firemaking XP, 15k Hunting
XP, 15k Woodcutting XP, Access to Spa facilities, Oo’glog Hunter
area and a platypus pet
1. Find and talk to Chief Tess, he will tell you to go talk to the human
in the bank.
2. Go south a little to the bank and talk to Balnea. It’s a long
and boring conversation but you have to click through all of it. Continue
to promise your help free of charge.
3. She will tell you to find Charrgurr and help her prepare the catering
facilities and will unlock the bank for you.
4. Find Charrgurr northeast of the bank. She will tell you she needs lots
of logs, long spears and raw chompies.
5. You need 8 archery logs and 10 eucalyptus logs. The eucalyptus trees
are located west of Oo’glog and the archery trees are littered around
6. Once you have the logs head back to Charrgurr and she will tell you
to put the logs on the fire pit. Then you will be instructed to obtain
four spears of any type.
7. Kill Ogress’ until they drop spears or obtain them some other
way. Then head back to Charrgurr. She will tell you to place the spears.
Then give her two raw chompies (obtained by heading north and hunting
two chompies or buying from another player).
8. Next you will need to light the fire beneath the chompies by using
a tinderbox on the uncooked chompies. Now go talk to Charrgurr and she
will tell you to go back to Balnea and receive your next task.
9. You now need to go talk to Snurgh who is in the eastern most building.
10. She will tell you she needs eight tropical wagtail feathers. (Go north
to the hunting spot and lay your bird snare to obtain stripy feathers.)
Give her the feathers and head back to Balnea.
11. Balnea then orders you to go to the salon which is slightly east of
12. Talk to Kringk and she will ask you to obtain 4 wolf bones and 8 larupia
furs. There is a hunter area to the northeast where you can get larupia
furs. Wolves are located near the Feldip hills.
13. Give these items to Kringk and head back to Balnea. She will tell
you to talk to Seegud.
14. Seegud is slightly northeast of the bank; she will ask you to keep
the bug fires alive by burning a certain material for each rock. Long,
brown rock add eucalyptus log. Green, lump-shaped rocks add fever grass.
Red, round rock add primweed. Yellow, egg-shaped rock put in tansymum.
Orange, squarish rock add stinkbloom. Tall, purple rocks add lavender.
Leave Oo’glog and search the grounds for all the listed materials.
15. Attempt to light one of the fires but it will have no effect. Go back
to Seegud and she will tell you that the kids have mixed up the stones.
You now have to try different combinations of plants to find the right
one. This is random (as far as I can tell).
16. The easiest way of solving this is to start on the eastern most fire
pit with one log and a plant until you figure out which plant the rock
represents. Continue this working westward until the last fire which requires
three plants and one eucalyptus log.
17. Once all the fires are lit head back to Seegud and she will tell you
to go back to Balnea. She will tell you to go speak to Chief Tess about
the pest problem.
18. First of all go slightly northeast of Chief Tess to the diseased kebbits.
Use your tinderbox on a fevergrass and set up a deadfall with a log and
knife in your inventory. With the smoldering fevergrass attract the kebbit’s
attention and try to get the kebbit to walk into the deadfall. You must
catch 4 diseased kebbits.
19. Now to catch the wimpy bird use your tinderbox on a tansymum and set
up your bird snare. Attract the wimpy bird’s attention (somewhat
similar to kebbit) and attempt to get it to fly into the bird snare. You
must catch 5 wimpy birds.
20. To catch the platypus you need a box trap, a tinderbox and lavender.
Light the lavender and trap each platypus until you catch the entire family
of four. Once by the platypus holes release the platypuses and they will
reward you with a casket.
21. Then go back to Balnea who will show you a short cut scene and then
22. Congratz!!! Quest Complete!!!
To make comments or suggestions about this guide click