Desert bandits are a place for melee training usually, people do 'tank'
range there though it can be good range experience. The bandits are easy
to get to, can be hard the first time if you don't go in the desert much
but you will get used to it I go there all the time.
- You will need to wear something to do with Zamorak or Saradomin, so
they automatically attack you, otherwise when you attack one of them
they stick up for them self and will all pile you.
- The Excalibur, yes really the Excalibur, just use special with it
often to raise your defence to stay there longer, it can be useful.
- Training style: the best weapons to use here are whip and dragon scimitar,
whether you're training attack, defence or strength.
- Armour: best armour for this is "'tank" gear or strength
gear. "Tank" includes barrows, a shield (dragon square or
crystal works fine). Tanking is good if you want to stay there along
time. Strength gear is effective training, hitting higher with a bigger
strength bonus this includes: fighter torso (from barbarian assault),
rune defence (from warrior's guild), helm of Neitiznot (from fremennik
isles quest) and fire cape (from fight caves). With Zamorak or Saradomin
- Potions are also recommended, super attacks and super strengths are
- Shanty pass (duh).
- Food (sharks, monks & lobsters work.)
- The recommended gear.
- 200gp (for carpet ride)
- Ring of duelling or glory amulet to teleport back.
THE ROUTE TO BANDITS
- Starting at shanty pass
- Enter into the desert and go south east a bit and talk to the carpet
- Take your weapon off, can't go on the carpet with your hand occupied.
- Ask him to go to "bandit camp."' And pay him 200gp.
- Once you're at the bandit camp, go south until you reach the bandits
(you cant miss it.)
- There are four different places you can go in the bar to west, this
is not recommended to train, unless you are going to melee protect,
because they are level 74. The south house, this is my personal favourite
it's a good room with 3 bandits. The east house is also like the south
one. The south tent it also a place, not as good as the south and east
- The bandits are a very popular place for training and can get crowded
in every world.
- When you are training here someone might log in and try to kick you
out if they are a higher level, the best thing to do in a situation
like this, is just hop worlds and save your time and don't waste it
by trying to make him leave.
- I have had a lot of arguments here with other people trying to take
over my room. Best thing to do it hop, or argue back, make sure you
don't swear because they will report you if they don't like you.
- If you lag, or go to the bank for more food and only leave for 2 minutes
and you come back and someone is in your room, ask them politely to
hop or change rooms because you were there, most people respect thing
but I have been in situation where they haven't and had hour long arguments
on who's a "nerd." Don't listen to them they are the noobs,
that's what I tell them and usually they back off or call me a nerd
because I'm higher.
- When your training quietly, some people might come along and start
pick pocketing the bandits, this is bad, because when ever they fail
their attempt the bandit will stop attacking you and ignore you. This
has happened many time to me, ask them to leave to change rooms. They
are usually doing "desert treasure" and looking for lock picks,
suggest to them to go to "Rogues Den" in Burthrope, there
are 25 lock picks in stock there, but you need 50 agility and thieving
to access the shop.
I hope this guide is useful to you.
To make comments or suggestions about this guide click